Sales lead generation is only the first step in getting a potention website visitor to become a customer. Just as important is nurturing the prospect along. An effective way to do that is through email marketing.
There are more than 294 billion emails sent per day. That's 3.4 million every second! Clearly, email is not dead. But due to all the clutter, it is increasingly more difficult to get noticed. As an inbound marketing tactic, lead nurturing is all about understanding the nuances of your leads’ timing and needs. By getting these details right, you set yourself up for success.
Lead nurturing introduces a tightly connected series of emails with a coherent purpose and full of useful content. In this context, lead nurturing offers more advantages than just an individual email blast.
- It's Timely - Study after study shows that email response rates decline over the age of the lead. In his science of timing research Dan Zarrella, Hubspot’s social media scientist, discovered that there is a positive correlation between subscriber recency and ctr, one of the key metrics of engagement. You need to use lead nurturing campaigns to take advantage of this dynamic.
- It’s Automated - Once you set up lead nurturing in Hubspot, emails are sent out automatically according to your schedule as new leads come in. This leads to a high return on a low investment, helping you qualify leads and push them down the sales funnel faster.
- It’s Targeted - Studies show that targeted and segmented emails perform better than mass email communications. Hubspot lead nurturing enables you to tie a series of emails to a specific activity or conversion event. You can craft your follow-up email based on the action a lead has taken on your website.
To learn more, download Hubspot's "How to Execute & Measure Successful Email Campaigns" ebook. The introduction to email marketing ebook includes details on:
- 5 common email marketing challenges and their solutions
- 6 types of marketing emails you can send today
- 9 email marketing metrics you should track
- Quick email marketing facts and additional resources
Easily build, send and measure awesome email campaigns with HubSpot's email and lead generation marketing software. Request a demo and check it out today!
Posted on Wed, September 16, 2015
by Think Creative Digital Marketing filed under