You’ve likely seen them, these technical looking blocks that are appearing on everything from direct mail and billboards, to Real Estate signs. They are called QR codes, or Quick Response codes and their use is exploding. But are they right for your business? And if so, how can you get them to generate leads? Here are some things to keep in mind:
The benefit of a QR code is that it gives you a way to get a prospect to take immediate action - easily! The problem with QR codes is when they do not give a customer value they can become frustrating. There is nothing worse than promoting a QR code, but the end result is something that could have been achieved without it. You will want to make sure of the following:
- Inform your audience of what to expect when they scan the code.
- Make sure the destination is mobile friendly. You don't want them to land on a web page that does not render correctly using a mobile phone.
- Think about how your QR code integrates with the campaign. Once they are directed to your landing page, entice them to provide their contact info with a special offer.
Who are you trying to reach with your QR code? You must determine this before launching a campaign. Webtrends created the following profile of those that use QR codes:
- Between the ages of 25 to 54
- Mostly male with a baseline income of $50k
- Customer uses an iPhone or Android Smartphone
The overall QR user is affluent and younger. Make sure that your target audience fits that profile, otherwise it may not bring you the desired result that you want.
If your ideal customer fits the above there is no reason not to launch a QR campaign. Here are some ideas of how you can incorporate them into your marketing mix and generate leads:
- Offer coupons
- Drive traffic to target pages on your website and capture their info
- Contest and promotions – like a scratch card with only a few winning codes distributed
- Bus schedules or other access to time tables or events
- Add them to your business cards
- On “For Sale” signage such as real estate for easy access to information
- On bike/hiking trails or historical areas to show maps or area attractions
- Links to sales videos from product packaging
- In areas where people wait in line or in bathroom stalls
A QR code campaign can be very effective at driving traffic and capturing leads when well designed and thought through. Contact us today and let us help you decide if they are right for your business and how we can make your campaign a success.
Posted on Tue, March 20, 2012
by Think Creative Digital Marketing